Rise was delighted to win the contract for on-going PR Support for the second National Fish and Chip Day on 3rd June 2016.
Rise was commissioned to undertake the project by trade organisation, The National Edible Oil Distributors’ Association (NEODA) who represent packers and distributors of oils and fats in the UK who champion the event.
National Fish and Chip Day is a nationwide celebration of the nation’s favourite dish, and brings together everyone from Fish and Chip Shops, pub chains, restaurants, retailers, to the fishermen and farmers who provide the sustainable and natural ingredients needed to create this iconic British dish.
- to raise awareness of National Fish and Chip Day with consumers, to drive footfall to fish and chip shops and other providers and encourage participation in this celebration of the nation’s favourite dish
- to raise awareness of National Fish and Chip Day within the industry and ensure any fish and chip shop and other providers of fish and chips that wants to take part knows how to get involved
What we did:
- Attended fish and chip trade exhibitions with the client. We manned a stand and encouraged shops to register for the chance to win a free marketing pack to support the event. We were also guest speakers at a trade show to an audience of fish and chip shop owners.
- Advised on the contents of the marketing packs and marketing collateral – including design of trade press adverts, design and sourcing materials such as bunting and window vinyls
- Devised and implemented a three-month PR campaign to raise awareness of the day in the run up to the 3rd June in regional and national print, broadcast and online media
- Social media played a key role in this extended PR drive and Rise controlled the Twitter and Facebook accounts. We:
- Increased relevant followers and those following
- Engaged with followers on a daily basis
- Build strong relationships with followers
- Encouraged the use of the #nationalfishandchipday in advance of the day so it became second nature to all
- Arranged successful competitions on social media
PRINT AND BROADCAST MEDIA
- 573 pieces of coverage
- 15m reach
- £746,732.06 value
- 26,600 tweets featuring #nationalfishandchipday hashtag
- 13,671 unique users
- 153,924,190 impressions
- #nationalfishandchipday had entered Twitter trending list at number 4 by 9.20 am. It soon overtook BBC Music Day and was the Number 1 trending hashtag by 12.45 pm where it remained during the course of the afternoon and evening
What the client said:
If you are looking for a pro-active, dynamic, hard-working PR company, then look no further than Rise.
Their personable style and industry knowledge, together with an impressive network of contacts, ensures that they constantly deliver great results in a timely fashion.
Put simply, Rise is fantastic at what they do.
Rise undertook the PR for National Fish and Chip Day this year, on our behalf, and we really couldn’t have anticipated just how successful they would turn out to be. They took the time to understand our business and ran a comprehensive social media campaign, increasing our online visibility, which far exceeded our expectations. They established a professional online presence for us, as well as securing both local and national press coverage. Content is always well-written, precisely targeted and accurate making them a very professional team to work with.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Rise to anyone looking to carry out some PR for their company or organisation, as they are simply brilliant at anything you ask them to do! They have a high degree of integrity, are open and honest, and get the job done – on budget and on time. We look forward to teaming up with them again.
The response to National Fish and Chip Day was so incredible that NEODA will be meeting soon to start planning an even bigger and better event in 2017!